In honor of Veterans Day today, J.C. Newman Cigar Co. is partnering with 14 premium cigar retailers across the United States for a promotion featuring its The American cigar line. Third and fourth-generation owners Bobby and Drew Newman will personally attend the event at Corona Cigar Co. in Tampa from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. EDT.
“As the first all-American cigar, The American is the perfect cigar to recognize and celebrate the veterans who have served our country,” Drew Newman said in a press release. “We proudly hand roll The American in our 112-year-old El Reloj cigar factory in Tampa, Florida with heirloom American cigar tobaccos. Not only is every leaf of tobacco grown in the United States but all of the packaging, from the cigar boxes to the cellophane tubes, is made in America as well.”
Each retailer will have a selection of The American cigars that were rolled with the 2019 crop of Florida Sun Grown wrapper and have been aged for one year. Each retailer will also be giving away a selection of The American hats and felt pennants, which are also made in the United States. The grand prize at each store is an authentic Louisville Slugger baseball bat emblazoned with The American shield.
J.C. Newman rolls 160 of The American per day, making it a limited, boutique cigar.
The American Veterans Day Participating Retailers are:
- The Cigar Room in Madison, AL
- Anthony’s Cigar Emporium in Tucson, AZ
- Corona Cigar Co. in Tampa, FL
- PCB Cigars in Panama City, FL
- Timothy’s Fine Cigars in Bay City, MI
- Just For Him in Springfield, MO
- Norwood Royal Cigars in Chicago, IL
- Two Guys Smoke Shop in Nashua, NH
- Casa del Tabaco in Newark, NJ
- Havana House in Niles, OH
- Tinder Box in Rapid City, SD
- Finck Cigar Company in San Antonio, TX
- Old Virginia Tobacco Co. in Manassas, VA
- Winston’s Humidor in Midlothian, VA